All Registrars, unless in an agreement with Diane Lloyd to use paper expense forms for Relocation expenses, must use the EASY electronic expense system when claiming expenses. This includes study leave expenses.

Registrars will need to self register on the EASY system. Please contact Gemma Cooke if you have any issues with this. 

The deadline for submitting expense claims is the 5th of each month. Claims will be rejected unless all the information has been completed correctly and proof of payment has been uploaded.

Claiming mileage - If you need to claim for any mileage throughout training, you will need to send the following to the training programme team;

- Completed vehicle application form

- Copy of your MOT certificate

- Copy of your driving licence

- Copy of your insurance certificate stipulating business use


Please see below the process for claiming all expenses on the EASY system;

Step by step process

  • Complete expenses as usual and ensure all receipts are added
  • Before a claim is submitted, take a screenshot of the full claim and add this into a word document
  • The Educational Supervisor needs to add their electronic signature to this form to approve the claim 
  • Send the completed signed form to Gemma Cooke electronically by the deadline of the 5th of each month
  • Submit the claim on the EASY system 
  • Expenses will only be approved upon receipt of the signed form from your Supervisor

If claiming for study leave expenses, these will not be approved until a study leave application has been received on the Intrepid system and a feedback form has been completed. This can be found on Glasscubes


Paper Expenses Form - we are still currently using the Bristol PCT form even though it relates to NHS Bristol. Please only use this form if you are claiming Relocation Expenses or the expense system does not work for you due to the home-base calculations and this has been agreed by Diane Lloyd.


Relocation Expenses - Relocation expenses should be discussed and agreed with the training programme on commencement of training in the South West. The relocation policy and guidelines can be found here


Telephone expenses -  If you are claiming telephone expenses in relation to your work you should claim on the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust reimburse for telephone expenses claim form.  You can claim for the cost of a telephone call and you must submit a receipt which confirms the cost of the call(s).   You should complete the first form only when you make your first claim and the second form at all times when you make a claim.  Once completed the claim form should be sent to Gemma Cooke for processing. 


Please refer to Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust information for details on the expense allowances that can be claimed:

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust  Staff Travel and Subsistence Policy