Please refer to Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust information.

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust  Staff Travel and Subsistence Policy

Car Authorisation Form - we are still currently using this form even though it relates to NHS Bristol

All registrars, unless in an agreement with Diane Lloyd to use paper expense forms for Relocation expenses, must use the E-travel expense system when claiming expenses. This includes study leave expenses.

The deadline for submitting expense claims is the 5th of each month. Claims will be returned unless all the information has been completed correctly and proof of payment has been uploaded.

As of June 2015, the process for claiming expenses via E-travel has changed slightly and now involves an extra step - approval by a registrar's Educational Supervisor;

Step by step process

  • Complete expenses as usual and ensure all receipts are added.
  • Before a claim is submitted, click print which will generate a form.
  • The Educational Supervisor needs to sign in the 'Approval Signature' space (preferably electronically) 
  • Send the completed signed form to Gemma Cooke electronically by the deadline of the 5th of each month.
  • Expenses will only be approved upon receipt of the signed form from your Supervisor.

If claiming for study leave expenses, these will not be approved until a study leave application has been received.

Expenses Form - we are still currently using the Bristol PCT form even though it relates to NHS Bristol. Please only use this form if you are claiming Relocation Expenses or the expense system does not work for you due to the home-base calculations and this has been agreed by Diane Lloyd.

Telephone expenses -  If you are claiming telephone expenses in relation to your work you should claim on the Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust reimburse for telephone expenses claim form. This can be found in the Forms section of this website.   You can claim for the cost of a telephone call and you must submit a receipt which confirms the cost of the call(s).   You should complete the first form only when you make your first claim and the second form at all times when you make a claim.  Once completed the claim form should be sent to Diane Lloyd, Public Health Programme Manager for processing.