South West Population & Public Health Academy - Series 2, Webinar 16: Gambling
Category: Regional Public Health Events - Other
Date: October 16th 2023 1:00pm until 2:15pm
Location: via MS Teams
Series 2, Webinar 16: Gambling
Date: 16th October 2023 via MS Teams
Time: 13:00 – 14:15
- Professor Maggie Rae, Head of School and Public Health Transformation, NHS England
- Gregg Fell, Director of Public Health, Sheffield representing the Association of Directors of Public Health (ADPH)
- Andrew Netherton, Programme Manager (Housing, Planning and Environments), OHID
- Understand the impact of gambling and how this is widening health inequalities.
- Be aware of how the industry influences how gambling is framed and the narratives used.
- What is the Public Health approach to gambling? Understand what that means in practice.
- Be aware of the policies and strategies associated with gambling and the constraints they have.
- Understand of how planning and licensing can influence the approval of establishments at local level and the constraints.
- A call to action; what can we do support those affected by gambling.
To register please click here